Hosted by Santa Barbara Track Club at Westmont College
Santa Barbara Training Camp is designed to prepare high school athletes for the physical requirements of their upcoming season. Athletes in all sports and of all levels are invited to train with the professional coaches and athletes from the Santa Barbara Track Club.
PREPARE LIKE A CHAMPION
Santa Barbara Training Camp is aimed at developing SPEED, ACCELERATION, AGILITY & VERTICAL LEAP while increasing STRENGTH & STAMINA levels. Training Camp is a preseason or off season training program for committed athletes involved in ball sports and Track & Field. Take the initiative this season and join us for our next Santa Barbara Training Camp!
Training Camp seasons are six weeks and run on the following days:
- Season 1 – October 2nd – November 11th, 2017
- Season 2 – November 13th – December 20th, 2017
- Season 3 – January 8th – February 15th, 2018
Season 1 practices are on the following dates / times:
- Monday @ 5:15pm – 6:15pm
- Wednesday @ 5:15pm – 6:15pm
- Saturday @ 8:00am – 9:00am
Registration plus the accompanying waiver must be completed online. Payment can be sent online or a check can be made out to “Santa Barbara TC” with “Training Camp” written in the memo. Athletes that do not have a completed waiver form signed by themselves (if 18 or older) or their parent / guardian will not be allowed to train until waiver completion.
MEET THE COACHES
- Olympic Trials competitor in the Decathlon
- Bronze Medalist at the USA Track & Field Championships (Decathlon)
- Collegiate Track & Field Coach
- 2x Team USA member
- NCAA All American
Josh Priester, M.S.
- Executive Director of the Santa Barbara Track Club
- 34 athletes coached to Top-10 finishes at USA Championships
- 27 NCAA All-Americans.
- Coach of 3x USA Champion & Olympian in the combined events, Barbara Nwaba